Sunday, February 9, 2014

If Only I Knew- Part 1

Have you ever wondered if you could change the past because that one critical choice could shape your future? Some choices are full of regret, sadness, sorrow or the complete opposite and are full of happiness and joy. I use to question "Why did this  happen to me?" and "If Only I Knew" maybe I would of chose something else. Today I don't live with sadness and depression. Today I live with acceptance!

I am a marathon runner. I've only ran 1 official full marathon so far, 5 official half marathons, have logged in hundreds of miles of training runs an am currently training for 2 full marathons, 2 half marathons and a 50K.  I won't be writing much on the technical aspects of running because there are tons of blogs about that, but basically how running has changed me and given me the confidence to endure and face fear with faith. "If only I knew" how exhilarating it felt to push through limits when you legs are hurting and your mind says no mo more, but you keep going anyways, I would have started sooner!

I have Androgenic Alopecia...what is that? I had a friend ask me if that was some type of cancer. No, thank goodness! And because of that I am grateful because there are many who are struggling with life threatening illnesses, fighting a battle, and hoping to be a warrior. I admire them.
Androgenic Alopecia is the shrinking and miniaturizing of hair follicles due to a hormonal change and imbalance. I have an excess of DHT which is the male testosterone that simply wants to kill my follicles (click on the links to read more)....And the culprit for my mishap and hours of questioning "Why Me"....well it was the tiny, oh so tiny mischievous pill that seems like the ordinary thing to do called the Birth Control Pill. "If Only I Knew" I know things would have been different!

Over the next few posts I will be talking more about my relationship, my choice, my belief and my hatred for the birth control pill. I would love to inform other women, especially young women about the risks of taking the pill. I was never told, I never knew and wish I did. I was naive. If only I knew! I know many of you are passionate about not taking the pill due to your beliefs and religious reasons, some are neutral, and some believe the pill is an amazing medical invention. Some may think I deserve what happened to me because I took the pill and may criticize the very choice...gosh I criticize myself. But because of running I've learned to be strong and realize that the opinions of others about me have no significant impact on my life so think what you may, whisper behind my back but please give me no pity. I do not pity myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment